The UP Kindergarten Admission Test or simply UPKAT is one of the two entry points to UP Integrated School. The other is Grade 7 Admission Test (GAT), administered only when the projected Grade 7 enrollment falls below the required student population. To date, the UPIS maintains a student population of 100 students per grade level. Below are the general requirements for kindergarten admission:
- Kindergarten applicants should preferably be 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 years old by the time of enrollment.
- Kindergarten admission is based on
- performance in the Kindergarten Admission Test (KAT) and
- parentage – sixty percent (60%) of qualified applicants must be children of University personnel.
- In case of a tie for the last few slots for children of university personnel, all students with the tied score may be admitted provided the number of admitted students does not exceed 5% of the number of slots allowed. In the event that the number of students with the tied score exceeds 5%, drawing of lots will be done to determine who will fill up the remaining slots up to plus 5%.
- Prepare the following documentary requirements:
- Two (2) recent 1 ½” x 1 ½” identical photos
- Original Birth Certificate from the National Statistics Office
- Clear photocopy of the original birth certificate
- If born abroad: bring original passport and a clear photocopy of it.
- One long, white letter envelope with postal stamp. On the envelope, write down the applicant’s name, the name of the applicant’s parent /guardian, and the address with zip code where you want to receive the UPKAT results notification.
- Application forms are available at UPIS website (for children of non-UP personnel) or at UPIS High School Building.
Reserver now your copy of the PARENT’S GUIDE TO UPKAT!
To order via Lazada, click here
To order via Shopee, click here
Register here for the online mock UPKAT.
Tags: UPKAT, UP KAT, UPIS admissions test, UPIS application, UPIS entrance exam, UPIS kindergarten admission test, UP kindergarten admission test